It is a well-known fact that Kathmandu University graduates have left an indelible impression in varied and diverse fields such as Science, Technology, Academics, Education, Management, Industry, Policy Formation, Governance, Social Science and Entrepreneurship not only within Nepal but overseas as well because of their enthusiasm for learning and making the world a better place to live in. Graduating from Kathmandu University, known for its academic excellence at home and abroad, our alumni have been setting up benchmarks, not only in top level government positions, but also in private sectors and abroad.
Kathmandu University believes that the sustenance of the University depends on the social acceptance of its alumni and the contributions they make by converting the vision and mission of Kathmandu University into a reality. The vision statement of KU states, “…to become a world-class university devoted to bringing knowledge and technology to the service of mankind”. Its mission statement is “to provide quality education for leadership”. In this context, alumni have been playing an important and substantial role to actualize the vision and mission of the University.
The Alumni Network Kathmandu University (ANKU) Statute is drafted and finalized strictly in accordance with the values, vision, and mission of Kathmandu University (KU). It scrupulously aims at keeping in touch with the university graduates and contributing one another to grow together. This is done mainly through the initiatives from fellow members of the student community have completed their formal degrees from the University. They also serve as platform to:
- enable members to contribute their Alma Mater, in this case, Kathmandu University, in whatever manner possible and
- facilitate interaction with Faculty and Students of parent institution in particular, and with Nepali society at large for the optimal utilization of their experiences, resources, and skills for social benefit.
Establishment of an alumni network becomes imperative to achieve the avowed objectives of ensuring longevity, inclusiveness, productive activism, promise for constant expansion, and sustained efforts the University. This context, a task force has been constituted to prepare Policy & Procedure Guidelines (pending the approval in upcoming meeting by Executive Council) for operation the Central Alumni Network of Kathmandu University. The principal idea behind this exercise is bring together alumni consolidated network and establish channels of communication at central Headquarters of University. The task force has come into force from 17th May, 2020 for period of one year with the possibility of extension of tenure based on effective performance. The task force comprises 14 members under the chief patronage of Vice-Chancellor. The particulars of members the task force as under.
- Asst. Prof. Sudarshan Prasad Dahal (KUSOA)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Tikaram Poudel (KUSOED)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Balram Pokhrel (KUSOED)
- Full time Faculty Anup K. Acharya (KUSOL)
- Asst. Prof. Roshee Lamichhane (KUSOM) ( Coordinator)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Ganga Ram Phaijoo (KUSOS)
- Asst. Prof. Kirti Kaushal Joshi (KUSOA)
- Asst Prof. Dr. Shesha Kanta Pangeni (KUSOED)
- Lecturer Vimesh Poudel (KUSOE)
- Santosh K.C. (KUSOL)
- Asst Prof. Srawan K.C. (KUSOM)
- Asst Prof. Paras Mani Timilsina (KUSOS)
- Kunta Pun ( KUSMS)
- Dr Ram Gurung (KUSMS)
The task force has successfully been in operation and has initiated tracer study of graduates. Please find link of filling out your personal details.